Etsy brings a massive selection of small businesses and independent designers right to your fingertips. It’s one of the largest platforms for small-scale artisans, and a hub for any salsa lover looking for unique costumes, practice attire, and salsa-centric gifts. Gone are the days when you were limited to a handful of novelty items from dance-wear stores or choosing from a limited selection of attire that all looked the same. With Etsy, you can match with designers who share your unique taste or introduce you to a brand new type of look.
For your next performance, class, or gift exchange with a dancer, head to Etsy and see what one of a kind creations await. From customizing a costume with a designer eager to work one on one with you to discovering a dance gift nobody has ever seen before, Etsy is dishing up some high quality options:
- Olivia dance skirt. This handmade item hugs your curves but still lets you move (and your body breathe!) whether at the club or in the heat of competition. The asymmetrical hem shows off your legs, and the lycra in the material is easy to care for while wicking away sweat. It’s available in a variety of sizes, including custom sizes.
- Set of cabochons. These polished gems are vintage, rare and the perfect touch of flair for your home or dance studio. All four measure 22×28 mm and the seller has over 5,000 perfect five-star ratings. If you’re looking for a truly unique accessory to showcase your love for salsa, this is it—and it’s a steal for under $10!
- Black slit pants for women. If you’re a woman and prefer pants to skirts and dresses, you can still get the movement, airflow and sexiness you adore with these stunning pants. Loose and airy, they allow for easy movement and come with their own form of ventilation. Shipped from Greece, custom measurements are available.
- Vintage red and black salsa dress. They don’t make salsa dresses like they used to, and this piece is proof! The sheer material featuring a glittery gold has a severe asymmetrical hemline that shows off your legs. Check the measurements before ordering, or use it as inspiration for designing your own piece. For just $33, you can be the showstopper at the next night out.
- Let’s salsa spoon. Okay, this was likely designed for use with salsa and chips, but does it matter? Order one or a few and be reminded of your love for the dance with every bite. The spoon was recycled and the engraving done by hand, so it comes with a rich history, a touch of authenticity, and also makes a perfect gift for any Latin dancer.
- Salsa Giclee art print. There are many salsa-themed prints and paintings, but this is what you need if you’re looking for a statement piece. Handmade with canvas and acrylic, it’s hand embellished, signed and numbered by the artist. It was one of the first in the salsa dance series, and is mounted in a way that needs no framing. Don’t forget to check out the other prints in the series, too!
- Lotus chandelier earrings. The perfect touch to a night out or a competition, these Latin-inspired and romantic earrings are Lucite, coral and crystal with a touch of antique beauty to them. Gold leverback earwires and genuine Swarovski crystals are the perfect addition of bling. For under $40, they make a perfect pick for yourself or gift for a friend.
- Peacock rhinestone dance shoes. Women’s salsa shoes are gorgeous, but after awhile it seems like they all look the same. Try these peacock-featured strappy rhinestone shoes on for size and you’ll be strutting around the dance floor in style! They’re custom made, but you can also talk with the designer and have her dream something up just for you.
These are just a few of the sizzling items on Etsy that will take your salsa to the next level. Which will you get first?